1. What can I expect at my first class? You can expect nothing less than the most fun experience for your baby ballerina. We’ll start by introducing your child to their teacher and giving you a tour of the studio so you feel right at home. You can pick out shoes, leotards, tights, tutus and whatever else your heart desires in our shop and then get started dancing! The teacher will lead your child right into the world of dance, taking care to pay special attention to all who are joining us for their first class. For any additional information about the first class experience, please contact us at 703.850.60722.
2. Where can I find the schedule? Visit our Classes Page of our website and click the link to register. You can browse schedules and sort by studio location or session at the top right!
3. Are boys welcome to dance? Absolutely! We welcome boys in class, at parties and at camps! We offer both girls and boys style costumes for the dress up portion of class to make everyone feel special!
4. My dancer will be a year older in the middle of the session (or is right on the cusp of an age group when starting). What is the best age group for her? Our age ranges are always guidelines, but we always suggest starting at the lowest age group for their age at the time. It is always easier for them to transfer up instead of becoming discouraged and having to transfer down an age group. Best way to decide is to attend a FREE Trial Class first to see if the age group you feel is most appropriate actually is.
5. I want to register, but we already know we will miss classes throughout the session. Should I still register? Yes, absolutely! You can always schedule makeup classes for classes missed! We offer makeups in classes that still have some room in them. They may not always be available during weekends or if you wait till the very end to squeeze in a bunch of missed classes, but it is always an option! You have the entire session to makeup missed classes, but we always suggest getting them done ASAP after a missed class. Up to 4 makeup classes are permitted per session.
6. Do you offer payment plans? Yes! You can pay as a one-time payment if you are purchasing online, or you can choose a monthly payment option if registering in-studio or over the phone. Online payment in full can not be returned in lieu of a payment plan. You must call or be in studio to take advantage of that option. We also offer discounted plans for the Dance All Year Program!
7. Where is the best place to buy shoes, leotards, tights, etc? We don't want to toot our own horn, but we think we carry the best attire around for the little ones. We have the sizes you'll need instead of searching all over and we have the most styles to pick from with our custom line of leotards! We know that dance lessons for your child is an investment and they sure grow out of those shoes quickly! For that reason, we keep all of our dancewear at reasonable prices. There are also many online retailers to choose from but we can’t vouch for the quality of any products – to be safe, stick with common brands. We also have items like dance bags, t-shirts and jewelry which are great gift ideas!
8. What should my child wear to dance class? We only require a leotard and tights be worn for our bunnies, butterflies and ballerinas classes and black pants and tshirt for male dancers. No restrictions on color or style - it's about having FUN with their fashion just as much as it is with dance! For our boppers, it's whatever they feel comfortable in! It’s not about looks here (although we know they LOVE the tutus!) – feel free to come in anything from full out ballerina gear to your pj’s! We’re not going to judge if your toddler refuses to take off her fancy nancy nightgown for dance class – no worries! We’ll do plenty of dress up during class anyways! As for shoes, ballet and tap shoes are required for all age groups.
9. My child LOVES to dance – can I just sign her up to dance year round? Yes! We have a Dance All Year package designed to do just that and offer you a discount as a courtesy and in appreciation for your business! This package offers you a monthly savings that is significant to your family's monthly budget for dance class!
10. I see that the recital is an extra fee…..how does that work? We know that not all families wish to participate in recitals – you can choose what’s right for you. Your child can still attend all 12 weeks of the regular session, learn the “recital routine” and not be a part of the recital if you choose. We hold recitals during the Fall and Spring session where a separate recital fee includes your child’s costume, one parent's recital ticket, online access to their dance for extra practice for your bella ballerina. One price – super convenient – no hassles! We even offer discounts for early enrollment!
11. How do I know my child will love it? We personally guarantee that any attending ballerina will leave with nothing less than the best experience…we’ll even stake your tuition on it! If you’re not completely thrilled with our studio and the teacher after the first class, we’ll refund your tuition in full – no questions asked!
12. What kind of training do your teachers have? Our teachers are the real deal in the world of ballerinas! They are all professionally trained, have dance degrees, and belong to various professional dance organizations. They also go through an extensive Bella Ballerina training to learn and teach our curriculum to our students. All teachers are also certified in Pediatric CPR in case of emergencies. You can always schedule a trial class to see what these lovely ladies have to offer!